75cl bottle. 19%vol.
The island of Madiera is situated 400 miles off the coast of North Africa and was discovered by the Portugese in 1419. It was named after the woods and forests covering its slopes.
George Blandy was stationed there in 1807 while serving in the British Army and returned a few years later to set up in the wine trade.
This medium, rich Madiera, is deep coloured and fine flavoured. It complements desserts and cheeses admirably.